Monday, 9 September 2013

The Seven Deadly Sins of Reading - a Book Blogging Meme

Nice wedding gift...!


I spotted this meme over on the awesome Child-Led Chaos blog, so naturally I couldn't resist pinching it.
(The original meme was posted on Plastic Rosaries)


GREED: What is your most inexpensive book? What is your most expensive book?

Does 'free' count? If not, I guess the cheapest book I've actually paid money for was a 5p copy of an excellent Origami book by Heath Werner. Unfortunately it was a poor purchase because the origami in it is SO HARD!


Most expensive book - would probably be any of the Microsoft Inside Out stuff I have at work - they're ridiculously priced (£60 up for a book that's so dull it works beautifully as a cure for insomnia)


WRATH: What author do you have a love/hate relationship with?

Alan Moore. At his best, he's thought provoking, surreal, clever and brilliant. At his worst he churns out some really dreadful stuff that I can't bear to read more than once.


GLUTTONY: What book have you deliciously devoured over and over with no shame whatsoever?

Oh dear. It's probably not a good idea to admit that I've read "American Psycho" by Bret Easton Ellis more times than is probably good for a sane rational person. Other than that, "The Time Traveller's Wife" by Audrey Niffenegger because I seriously wish I could write like that. Write something that made people cry.


SLOTH: What book have you neglected to read due to laziness?

I never pass up a book due to laziness but I have passed up a lot of books because you get part way in and realise it's not 'sticking'. That particular list is too huge to mention!


PRIDE: What book do you most talk about in order to sound like a very intellectual reader?

I don't think I've ever bothered to read anything just to look 'trendy' or 'clever' but there are probably a few poetry books I've dropped the names of but have actually genuinely enjoyed. "Grinning Jack" by Brian Patten definitely fits into that mould.


LUST: What attributes do you find most attractive in male or female characters?

I am a sucker for kick-ass girls who basically don't take any crap from their male counterparts, save the day, and pause only to pick their knickers out of their bum-cracks. So Tank Girl then!


ENVY: What books would you most like to receive as a gift?

Anything by Shaun Tan, any graphic novels that aren't "teen w**k", real sucker for pretty books so anything along those lines. Absolutely and positively NOT books that have titles like "50 things a baldy can do to cover up their bald spots" or "A Big Book about Bottoms"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday, 9 September 2013

The Seven Deadly Sins of Reading - a Book Blogging Meme

Nice wedding gift...!


I spotted this meme over on the awesome Child-Led Chaos blog, so naturally I couldn't resist pinching it.
(The original meme was posted on Plastic Rosaries)


GREED: What is your most inexpensive book? What is your most expensive book?

Does 'free' count? If not, I guess the cheapest book I've actually paid money for was a 5p copy of an excellent Origami book by Heath Werner. Unfortunately it was a poor purchase because the origami in it is SO HARD!


Most expensive book - would probably be any of the Microsoft Inside Out stuff I have at work - they're ridiculously priced (£60 up for a book that's so dull it works beautifully as a cure for insomnia)


WRATH: What author do you have a love/hate relationship with?

Alan Moore. At his best, he's thought provoking, surreal, clever and brilliant. At his worst he churns out some really dreadful stuff that I can't bear to read more than once.


GLUTTONY: What book have you deliciously devoured over and over with no shame whatsoever?

Oh dear. It's probably not a good idea to admit that I've read "American Psycho" by Bret Easton Ellis more times than is probably good for a sane rational person. Other than that, "The Time Traveller's Wife" by Audrey Niffenegger because I seriously wish I could write like that. Write something that made people cry.


SLOTH: What book have you neglected to read due to laziness?

I never pass up a book due to laziness but I have passed up a lot of books because you get part way in and realise it's not 'sticking'. That particular list is too huge to mention!


PRIDE: What book do you most talk about in order to sound like a very intellectual reader?

I don't think I've ever bothered to read anything just to look 'trendy' or 'clever' but there are probably a few poetry books I've dropped the names of but have actually genuinely enjoyed. "Grinning Jack" by Brian Patten definitely fits into that mould.


LUST: What attributes do you find most attractive in male or female characters?

I am a sucker for kick-ass girls who basically don't take any crap from their male counterparts, save the day, and pause only to pick their knickers out of their bum-cracks. So Tank Girl then!


ENVY: What books would you most like to receive as a gift?

Anything by Shaun Tan, any graphic novels that aren't "teen w**k", real sucker for pretty books so anything along those lines. Absolutely and positively NOT books that have titles like "50 things a baldy can do to cover up their bald spots" or "A Big Book about Bottoms"

No comments:

Post a Comment